The keto diet is not the easiest diet for beginners. Since keto almost blocks carbohydrates, choosing a variety of protein options is not always easy. However, the main purpose of this diet is to accurately release carbohydrates - which helps to lose weight.
Under this material we will find examples of daily keto diet - a detailed menu will help you eat not only healthy, but also tasty. In addition, we will tell you about the rules for entering a ketone diet - it is very important for beginners to switch to a carb-free diet in stages.
What is a keto diet?
A keto diet is a diet plan that involves avoiding carbohydrates. The mechanism of the keto diet is based on the fact that when carbohydrates are excluded, the level of glucose in a person's blood decreases, and the body enters the ketogenic regime - in this case, free fatty acids and fat storage are the main sources of energy.
The advantage of a keto diet is that you lose weight quickly without calorie control. Studies show that ketogenic diets show the best results in the long run - that is, with their help, you can not only burn fat, but also maintain shape for a long time.
However, the keto diet has contraindications. First, it is forbidden for pregnant and lactating women, as well as teenagers. Second, such a diet is not combined with insulin injections for diabetes or high blood pressure. Third, for some chronic diseases.
Food by day
For beginners keto diet, it is recommended to cut carbohydrates completely quickly. Even so, if you have never tried a carbohydrate-free diet before, spend the first 7-10 days to change your eating habits to reduce the moderate carbohydrates in your diet. The egg diet is also suitable for beginners.
If you are familiar with the method of limiting carbohydrates in your diet, the easiest way to include a keto diet is intermittent fasting - for example, according to the 16/8 scheme. Follow this regimen for at least 5-7 days to lower your blood glucose levels and move more smoothly to full ketosis. It is important for beginners to spend time.
I do not understand why so many bad things are written about this power system? I am 32 years old and I have always loved sweets. Just to shake. As a result, I was afraid of my health. I have been eating keto for 2 months and this is the best thing that ever happened to me! New energy ran out, I was able to work until 12 o'clock and get up at 6 am. I lost 13 kg and totally did not count calories, I was not hungry, and there were many recipes with food allowed.
Keto food - what can you eat?
The keto diet only allows you to eat foods that do not contain carbohydrates. They do not increase blood sugar levels and protect the body from fat burning ketosis. Flour, candy, fruit, juice and soda products are strictly prohibited. Also, potatoes and other starchy vegetables should not be eaten on keto.
List of Allowed Keto Foods:
- all types of meat (beef, pork, chicken);
- all kinds of fish and seafood;
- chicken eggs;
- dairy products (butter, cheese, natural cottage cheese, milk in small quantities);
- any vegetable oil;
- any green vegetable;
- nuts in small quantities;
- give in small amounts;
- Non-starchy vegetables (avocado, pumpkin in small quantities);
- ingredients, seeds (including chia seeds), spices
Keto Eating Rules
One of the rules of the keto diet is to take plenty of clean water every day. This helps reduce the negative effects of diet (in particular, difficulty digestion and the smell of acetone from the mouth). You also need to monitor the amount of salt in your diet.
We will separately mention the need to control the use of alcoholic beverages. The keto diet can increase the amount of ammonia in the blood - along with the use of alcohol, this can lead to toxic liver damage. For the same reason ketone diets are contraindicated in liver and kidney disease.
Weekly Keto Diet - Daily Menu
To avoid vitamin deficiencies while following a keto diet, it is necessary to include in the daily diet of tomatoes, green vegetables and fruits with a minimum amount of carbohydrates (various berries, as well as citrus fruits). Instead, nuts will be a good source of minerals - peanuts and walnuts, pine nuts or others.
To avoid vitamin deficiencies while following a keto diet, it is necessary to include in the daily diet tomatoes, green vegetables and fruits with a minimum amount of carbohydrates (various berries, as well as citrus fruits). Instead, nuts will be a good source of minerals - peanuts and walnuts, pine nuts or others.
The caloric content of the ketogenic menu below is 1300 kcal. a day, suitable for women who want to lose weight with a low level of physical activity. For men, calories and serving size should be increased.
1 day Monday
- Breakfast:2 eggs, 10 g butter, half an avocado, coffee or tea without milk and sugar.
- Second breakfast:some sugar-free cottage cheese (15 g).
- Lunch:fish (120 g fillet) with broccoli and 6 cherry tomatoes, green tea.
- Snack:1 jelly without sugar and a handful of berries.
- Dinner:chicken breast (120 g) with olive oil (10 ml) and mustard (10 ml). Salad: 3 large lettuce leaves, 1 cucumber, half a lemon and grated cheese.
Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 75 g, Fat: 96 g
Day 2 Tuesday
- Breakfast:2 eggs with meat, keto coffee.
- Second breakfast:sugar-free gelatin.
- Lunch:fried meat (120 g) with arugula salad, zucchini and half an avocado; green tea.
- Snack:a handful of strawberries or other berries.
- Dinner:fried chicken fillet with mushrooms, fresh leaf salad, half a tomato and cucumber with 10 ml of olive oil; 1/2 cup blueberries
Carbohydrate: 29 g, Protein: 80 g, Fat: 99 g
- Breakfast:2 boiled eggs, a slice of cheese and 2 spinach leaves; coffee with 10 ml of milk cream or coconut milk.
- Second breakfast:Sugar-free yogurt, a handful of berries.
- Lunch:salad with tuna and fresh cabbage, sesame sauce and soy sauce.
- Snack:2 pieces of dark chocolate without sugar (at least 75% cocoa).
- Dinner:chicken breast with mushrooms, pumpkin 50 g, salad with tomatoes and olives.
Carbohydrate: 34 g, Protein: 88 g, Fat: 101 g
4th day Thursday
- Breakfast:green smoothie with spirulina (10 g) and chia seeds (15 g); slice cheese and ham.
- Second breakfast:a handful of beans.
- Lunch:Roasted avocado with eggs, smoked meat and cheese. Arugula, cabbage and cucumber salad.
- Snack:Sugar-free yogurt.
- Dinner:a glass of bone broth, spinach tortilla (3 eggs, half a glass of spinach, 10 g butter).
Carbohydrate: 29 g, Protein: 80 g, Fat: 110 g
Day 5 Friday
- Breakfast:scrambled eggs and half a tomato, coffee or tea.
- Second breakfast:a handful of beans, 2 pieces of dark chocolate.
- Lunch:stuff beef with mushrooms and spinach, green tea.
- Snack:150 g watermelon and 10 g coconut.
- Dinner:tomato salad, canned tuna, cucumber and olives, seasoned with lemon.
Carbohydrate: 39 g, Protein: 76 g, Fat: 108 g
Day 6 Saturday
- Breakfast:sliced ham and cheese, green tea.
- Second breakfast:2 boiled eggs.
- Lunch:100 g of boiled shrimp with zucchini, olive oil, cheese and arugula.
- Snack:sugar-free gelatin.
- Dinner:Grilled fish with eggplant caviar.
Carbohydrate: 34 g, Protein: 79 g, Fat: 99 g
Day 7 Sunday
- Breakfast:boiled eggs and meat.
- Second breakfast:Cottage cheese without sugar, a handful of berries.
- Lunch:chicken stew with cabbage, mushrooms and sesame seeds.
- Snack:2 pieces of dark chocolate, nuts.
- Dinner: fish soup with pumpkin (50 g) and fried tomatoes.
Carbohydrate: 38 g, Protein: 88 g, Fat: 102 g
The keto diet is a food with a maximum carbohydrate limit. For beginners to follow this diet, the most difficult are the first days, when the body is rearranged into ketosis - dizziness and weakness can be observed. In the future, metabolism changes and the body gets used to working in a carb-free fat-burning mode.