If you have acute pancreatitis, or if you are diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis, your life will not be the same: you have to change everything.
There is something to eat and drink with inflammation of the pancreas in any situation. This includes:
- Alcohol (everywhere), grape juice, soda;
- Chocolate, fat cream;
- Side income;
- All fatty fish;
- Smoked meat, lard;
- Fried, spicy;
- Hard -boiled eggs;
- Semi -finished products;
- Cooking fat;
- Rich gravy;
- Preservatives, jams;
- Any canned food;
- Sundae (and ice cream in general);
First, let's talk about nutrition for acute pancreatitis. Immediately after the deterioration and for the next two days, you should not eat at all. All we are allowed is five or six glasses of mineral water. Organ regeneration occurs due to the fact that gastric and pancreatic juices are not secreted.
On the third day, you can eat, but food without liquid salt with a high carbohydrate content. Wheat crackers, soups with vegetables and cereals, with weak soups are allowed. Then you can add steamed omelet, turkey, chicken, lean fish.
On the fifth day, the caloric content increases to 700-800 kcal, of which 200 g is carbohydrate, 15 g is protein. Fat is introduced between the sixth and ninth day.
The menu during this period should be as follows:
- We had breakfast with rice porridge without milk, tea with sugar, oranges (apples);
- Snack on carrot puree (potatoes), low -fat boiled fish or chicken (50g), rosehip soup;
- 150 g of soup (vegetables), 30 g of boiled fish (beef), mashed apples, mashed potatoes for lunch;
- Second snack. 50 g of cottage cheese (0-2%) with sugar, sweet tea;
- Instead of dinner - a tablespoon of honey and boiled water (250 ml).
Recovery after exacerbation
The diet for pancreatic pancreatitis after exacerbation is more varied. If you try, you can really find fun and delicious recipes from what is allowed. We eat 5-6 times a day. It is best to use steam while cooking, grind everything with a blender, cook.
You can eat:
- Meat with a minimum of fat (chopped and cooked). Cook meatballs, steamed cut, meat soufflé. Lean beef, rabbit, turkey fillets, chicken, beef allowed;
- Fish (you can use pollock, cod, pike, pike perch, flounder and other skinny types). Boil or steam, cut steam is allowed;
- Porridge made from oats, buckwheat, semolina, rice. Barley with corn is rare. We cook in water (or milk and water in equal proportions);
- Pasta. Do not add sauce, only olive oil, butter. Do not fry with garlic, oil, onions;
- Dairy products. Full milk is not recommended. Fermented baked milk, kefir, cottage cheese up to 9%, light cheese allowed;
- Eggs. Just like an omelet or a soft boil. Use sparingly;
- Vegetables. Baked, boiled, mashed, vegetarian soup, casserole. Pay attention to carrots, potatoes, melons, beets, green beans, cauliflower. You can’t eat most of the cruciferous family, mushrooms, horseradish, raw onions, spinach, garlic, beans (legumes in general), sweet peppers, reddish chocolate;
- We also bake fruit, cook compote, jelly, make mashed potatoes. Apricots, watermelons, watermelons are ideal;
- Dry white bread with pancreatitis, drink tea with tasty and not rich cookies;
- Homemade jelly, mousse. Less common, marshmallows;
- Mineral water, compote, weak tea, rosehip soup, jelly.
The diet for chronic pancreatic pancreatitis differs from the menu for acute inflammation. The chronic "version" develops along with the process of acute inflammation of the glands, with cirrhosis, hepatitis, kidney stone disease, intestinal and stomach ulcers, atherosclerosis. The menu should take into account the background of the disease of pancreatitis that has developed.
The main method of treatment for you is not medicine, but a diet for chronic pancreatitis, an approximate menu based on several principles:
- We eat six times a day and little by little, products with a laxative effect are needed.
- Keep track of your daily protein intake. It requires 130 g per day, vegetable protein requires 30% of this figure. Beef with beef, rabbit, turkey, pork with a minimum of fat, chicken, and lean fish are recommended. With constant pain, the cooked meat is chopped or steamed. You should not skip dishes of low -fat fish and meat: they will prevent the degeneration of fatty liver, which is characteristic of chronic inflammatory processes in the pancreas;
- Fat transformation is resisted by fresh homemade cottage cheese (not sour and with a minimum percentage of fat). Other dairy products are also needed. Whole milk is added to the first meal, cereal, jelly, or drunk half a glass a day (if well received). The fat content of milk should not exceed 2. 5%. If you taste good, say cheese (slightly) with minimal fat and light types. Don’t forget about kefir and fermented baked milk (homemade is the best option). No need to eat store -bought yogurt with flavors and starches: there are few benefits here;
- Eggs. Overall not recommended. Eggs can be accepted in addition to other dishes, in the form of steamed omelets (protein), whipped protein in other dishes;
- Vegetable protein. We find them in rice, pasta, overnight bread, oatmeal, semolina, breadcrumbs, buckwheat. Beans are prohibited;
- Fat. There should be 70 of them in the patient’s diet. 80% must be of animal origin. They will be eaten properly with other foods and dishes. Put butter into prepared porridge or pasta before eating. Vegetable oil is allowed if you tolerate it well. Other types of fats (culinary, beef, margarine, pork) are prohibited;
- Carbohydrates. They require up to 350 g per day. These are honey, sugar, syrup and jam. You need to eat semolina, oatmeal, buckwheat, pearl barley, rice, pasta. From vegetables, carrots and beets, potatoes, melons (zucchini, squash, squash) are acceptable. It is better to cook it in steam or water, steam pudding is also suitable, it would be ideal to eat vegetables in the form of mashed potatoes. Don't eat them raw. Bread is allowed white, black, gray;
- fruits. Most importantly, non -acidic type apples are needed. Bake, wipe, boil compote. For the latter, dried fruits are suitable;
- sauce. Of all the varieties with pancreatitis, one bechamel made from flour and milk is allowed. We do not pass the flour, add a minimum of salt;
- First course. We never reject them. You are allowed cereals, vegetables, lean chicken, meat, fruits, dairy soups;
- Drinks. In addition to the above -mentioned compotes, it is useful to drink fruit juices, tea with milk, mineral water;
- Supplements, special products. Add protein powders and vitamins to the diet;
Do not overeat, the amount of food (plus all the fluids you drink) should not exceed two and a half kg. No matter how strict the diet is for pancreatic pancreatitis, menu estimates may not be boring and varied.
Here are ways you can organize your diet for chronic illness:
- 7 - 7. 30 p. m. Breakfast. Oatmeal milk, boiled beef, sweet tea;
- 9-9. 30 p. m. Lunch. Baked apples, steamed omelet, rosehip tea;
- 13. 00. We had lunch with vegetable soup, beef soufflé, pasta. For sweet berry jelly and compote;
- 16. 30. Afternoon snack. Tea with cottage cheese;
- 20. 00. We had dinner with tea and fish soufflé.
Nutrition in remission
Here is a slightly different approach to diet planning. You can diversify the recipes. You need a lot of protein, more fat than in other cases. Carbohydrates are also complex.
The main features of the diet are:
- We use more protein than our physiological norms;
- Fats and complex carbohydrates are consumed within the limits of our norms, carbohydrates are derived from grains;
- Less than the norm is used jams, cakes, pastries, honey, sugar and salt.
During remission, it is worth leaving a substance that irritates the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract. It’s not just alcohol - skip the vinegar and any spices.
If remission occurs, the diet can be changed. Now it is allowed not only to boil or steam food. You can boil and roast vegetables, fish and meat. Refuse to rub: still allowed to eat whole foods. Food should be warm, but no hotter than 60 degrees. We ate from 4 to 6 times per knock, making an interval of up to three hours between meals.
In figures, it looks like this:
- Protein requires 120 g, of which 70 g is derived from vegetables;
- Fat in the medical menu contains 90 g. One -third of it is vegetable;
- We eat 350 g of carbohydrates a day, 40 g of which is easily digestible;
- Calorie content - up to 2600 kcal.
Some good recipes
Do not be afraid of bland foods and tasteless vegetables. With inflammation of the pancreas, there are also opportunities to explore culinary skills. Here are some inspirations and sweets for examples of pancreatitis pancreatitis diet menu.
- Cottage cheese casserole in the microwave. Beat 2% cottage cheese with bananas with a blender, add chopped dates. We baked for about five minutes in a silicone mold. Use with natural yogurt (without sugar);
- Baked apples with curd meringue. Wash the fruit, discard the middle part, cut into two parts. Beat the protein and powdered sugar separately until thickened. In the whipping process, add 2% cottage cheese into the batter. We put in the fruit, bake in a regular oven (at 160 degrees) for a third of an hour;
- biscuits. Mix the flour (6 tablespoons) with half a tablespoon of olive oil, the same amount of baking powder, warm water and one -third of a teaspoon of salt, plus Italian herbs to taste. After rolling it into a layer 3 mm thick and piercing with a fork, we baked for a quarter of an hour at a temperature of 170 degrees.
Diet for inflammation of the pancreas should be prescribed by a gastroenterologist. Therefore, take an estimate of our diet menu for pancreatitis only as a recommendation, advice. Your job is not to make a bland diet and not lose interest in food. Eat right.